The very fact you are alive today proves that one of your distant ancestors was an astute tracker and skilful hunter. Being able to track with our eyes and speculate with our as to where an animal is going makes us unique amongst all other predatory species, it is one of our signature skills.
This weekend workshop assumes no prior knowledge and is a great way to fast-track your learning and ability to interpret the hidden language of animal tracks and signs. We also have a leading expert on skulls and bones, Will Higgs, running a master class for us on this workshop.
Whether you want to get your kids inspired about nature, want to get involved in ecotourism or wildlife monitoring, or simply would like to reconnect with the natural world – this is the course for you… it is very immersive.
Designed on the same principles as a CyberTracker system this workshop is perfect preparation for anyone considering sitting an evaluation. CyberTracker is an internationally recognised certificated wildlife tracking system. It splits the art of tracking into two disciplines –‘Track and Sign’ and ‘Trailing’. During this workshop we will endeavour to get you following some Red Deer trails – this is an incredibly challenging, but rewarding pursuit.
- Days: Thurs – Sun (3 Nights)
- Location: Lake District, England
- Food & Accommodation: Fully catered and includes camping fees
- Activity: Wildlife Tracking & Trailing Skills
- Group Size: 6-12 (Av.10)
- Physical Rating: Moderate
- 2022 Dates: TBC
- Venue: Claife Heights
- Riverine & estuarine environs
- Broad-leaf forest habitat
- Conifer plantation
- Coastal & sandy substrates
- Skull & bones
- Scat & droppings
- Clear print analysis
- Trailing skills
- Track ageing
- Stealth & camouflage
- Lures & calls
- This course is fully catered throughout – we do our best to source food that is wild, local, organic, seasonal and nutritious. (This negates the need to buy food and bring stoves, fuel and cooking gear – it also maximises your learning time with us).
- The free loan of specialist bushcraft camping equipment – hammocks, tarps, laplander saws, fire-steels, billy cans, etc.
- Camping fees are included.
- We offer a complimentary pick-up and drop-off service from and to the nearest railway station at set times.