One of Scotland’s best kept secrets, the Isle of Mull is the stunning new location for our new Coastal Forager course. With our basecamp located on a beautiful white sand beach, overlooking a small archipelago of islands in an aquamarine bay, it is the perfect location to explore the bounty of the shoreline.
We will spend a week learning coastal bushcraft skills, like tacklecraft and setting lines, fishing from the rocks, foraging for seaweeds, filleting and smoking, boat fishing and island hopping. We are still exploring the area ourselves, so this first course will be a little experimental. There will be ample opportunities for wildlife watching, with otters, stags, seals and eagles being frequently sighted in the area. It is one of the wildest, more beautiful landscapes in the British Isles.
- Days: Thur PM – Wed AM (6 Nights)
- Location: Isle of Mull, NW Scotland
- Food & Accommodation: Fully catered and includes camping fees
- Activity: Coastal Bushcraft, Boat Fishing & Sea Shore Foraging
- Group Size: 6-14 (Av.10)
- Physical Rating: Med
- 2022 Dates: 15-21 Sept.
- Understanding the coast; tides & tidal zones
- Seaweeds; Identification, collection, food & utility
- Coastal plants & trees; identification, collection, food, medicine & utility
- Gathering shellfish; raking, netting, digging & traps
- Traditional cookery techniques
- Fishing techniques; traditional long-lines, fish spears, baits, feathers & lures
- Cooking fish & shellfish
- Coastal wildlife; tracking & spotting
- This course is fully catered throughout.
- It includes camping fees, boat charter and any specialist equipment.